Qatar – one of the most dynamic and stable economies in the world
Under the visionary leadership of His Highness the Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Qatar has built one of the strongest economies in the world using its wealth of natural hydrocarbon resources. It is rapidly diversifying into new areas such as financial services, tourism and derivatives manufacture to ensure that the country can also be independent of its oil wealth.
- A total GDP of approximately $124,930 per person, it is the richest country in world according to the IMF.
- 14% of all known natural-gas reserves, 3rd largest in the world.
- Qatar has no income tax and is also one of the two least-taxed sovereign states in the world.
- The second on the list of the safest 24 countries in the world.
- The second most tourism-friendly destination in the Middle East and North Africa.
- The 9th largest airport in the world with 50 million passengers yearly: Hamad International Airport.
- The best airlines worldwide: Qatar Airways.
- The first Middle East and Arab country to host FIFA World Cup 2022.
- Qatar has been ranked 13th worldwide as for the best health care system and first among the Middle East region.